Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment
- Landscape and visual impact assessment for all development types
- Seascape, or townscape impact assessment
- GIS, photomontage and visibility modelling
- Public inquiry evidence and expert witness services
- Consultation, training and events
- Project design and development of mitigation measures
- Environmental management plans and construction method statements
- Landscape design, and design guidance
- Landscape and habitat management plans
- Contract and specification information for environmental management
- Landscape clerk of works during construction
LUC undertakes landscape and visual impact assessments for all development types, including wind farms and other renewable energy projects, grid and transmission infrastructure, transport projects, water related infrastructure, commercial, minerals and waste, and educational, health, residential, leisure and recreational proposals. Seascape impact assessment is a growing part of our portfolio, and townscape impact assessment is required within urban areas.
Our visual impact assessment services are reinforced by our in-house GIS, photomontage and visibility modelling capabilities, essential services for preparation of public inquiry evidence. Proactive consultation is a key part of our work and we regularly set up and arrange workshops and events for stakeholders or the public.
Critical to successful projects is our advice in relation to project design and developing landscape and visual mitigation measures, as well as incorporating these into environmental management plans and construction method statements. Landscape design, or design guidance is a key and integrated part of our landscape and visual services.
Our post application services include acting as landscape and visual expert witness, and helping clients meet Planning Conditions, for example by providing landscape and habitat management plans. We prepare contract and specification information for environmental management and implementation, and act as landscape clerk of works or undertake environmental audits during construction.